You are here : Home > Belton Properties > Rural Development

Rural Development

Our spacious one, two, and three bedroom floor plans, amenities, location and friendly staff make us the ideal place to call home.  Apartments are located on Saunders and West Avenue I.

Effective January 1, 2014, all CTHC apartments are smoke free.
All household members and/or guests are not allowed to smoke inside the apartments.
Interior common areas will continue to be smoke free.

Smoking is allowed outside the apartments in the following areas; patios, balconies, breezeways (but not directly outside another household's entrance door or apartment window) and outside the 20' area already posted for common area entrances.  Electronic cigarettes are allowed inside units.


Amenities In addition to a centrally located
park and the BHA Resident Center, our complex
offers apartments that are cable TV ready, have
central air and heat and washer/dryer connections,
as well as outside storage.  Water, sewer and
trash are provided at no additional cost.  Central
Texas Housing Consortium is committed to
enhanced energy conservation and has made
significant improvements to properties it owns.                            Rural Development Apartments

To view detailed energy efficient and "green" upgrades, please click here.

Section 8 vouchers are accepted.

Rents The rent table for the 40 Rural Development units is listed below.  Income eligibility for these units is determined by income guidelines that are published annually by the United States Department of Agriculture. 

1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom       floor plan

650 Sq Ft

$306 - 383 *

2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom       floor plan

811 Sq Ft

$383 - 483 *

3 Bedroom / 1½ Bathroom    floor plan

998 Sq Ft

$459 - 557 *

* Rental rates are effective October 1, 2014.  Resident pays electric and gas.

Security DepositA $150.00 security deposit will be required for all units.

How Do I Apply?

Applications can be submitted electronically via the link provided below.
If you need assistance completing the electronic application, you can come to the Belton Housing Authority office between the hours of 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday (except holidays).

On the application, you must provide the following information:
  Current and previous tenancy for at least the last five (5) years that includes the landlord's name, current phone number, and the address where you lived, complete with any apartment numbers.
♦  You must provide Character References that are NOT friends, relatives or co-workers, AND they must have known you for at least six (6) months.  Acceptable Character References can include past or present employment supervisors, pastors at church, or neighbors.

What Else Will I Need To Do?

Once the application has been submitted, you must provide the following original documents to our office within five (5) calendar days.
♦  The most recent six (6) pay stubs for all adult members of the household.
  A valid state issued picture ID for all adult members of your household.
  Social security cards and birth certificates for all members of your household.

If you are unable to meet the 5 day deadline, call the office number listed below to request an extension.

                                                      APPLICATION FOR HOUSING

Do You Need More Information
Please call, write, visit, or email us for assistance.

Office Location: 715 Saunders, Belton, Texas 76513
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 708, Temple, TX 76503-0708
Telephone: (254) 939-5321
Fax: (254) 939-9192
Emergency Maintenance: (254) 770-8280


Non-Discrimination Statement

"This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer."

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form.  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at"


 BHA Rural Development Exterior  BHA Rural Development BHA Rural Development Interior